[mswindowsxp] HD labels.

  • From: Ted Cotton <tabcot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 15:01:28 +1200

Hi, All.
I posted the following two questions to this list last week and have had no
reply. Would some-one please tell me who else I could ask.

I have partitioned and labelled two partitions on my HD as "System" and
"Storage", but cannot label my removable HD. (I want to name it: Backups). Why
is this?

I have tried also with partition magic, but it comes up with "Can't Lock Drive.
Error #27.

I have Windows XP Home and the system won't allow me to rename "user"  in
C:\Documents and Settings\ user to "Ted". Is there any other way I can do this?

Many thanks,

Ted.
--------