[mswindowsxp] Re: HD labels

  • From: "Amer Karim" <amerk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mswindowsxp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 23:07:53 -0700

Umm - not sure about this since we're talking about the Home edition,
but can one take 'Ownership' of a drive via the permission settings?
This is what I'd recommend at this point if you were running Pro, but I
gave up on the 'dumbed' down Home version long ago and can't remember if
it allows that level of control.  Perhaps Carl, or someone else on this
list who has more experience w/ XP Home can, confirm that.

If you can take 'ownership', then do so and then give yourself full
control over the drive.

Regards,
Amer Karim
Nautilis Information Systems