[modeleng] Re: pumps, etc was

  • From: "Jeff Dayman" <jeffdayman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 07:15:11 -0500

Hi Harry,

Couple of ideas for your flywheel:

1. make a cast iron or steel "jacket" for the rim and solder or glue it on.
The bronze rim can be turned down to compensate for the jacket's thickness.
2. tin the rim with soft solder and buff it
3. turn and paint the rim with automotive laquer in a bright cast iron
colour
4. use the flywheel as a pattern to have an iron one cast

All of the above are extra fuss, but would allow an nice looking right
coloured rim.

Cheers Jeff Dayman