[modeleng] RE: [modeleng] 3½ versus 5

  • From: "Pendragon" <idpriest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:32:17 +0100

Jem,

You have received all sorts of good well intentioned advice but at the end
of the day it is really only you who can decide.  True a 5" loco might be
easier and be a better proposition for pulling passengers but there again a
31/2" Black Five [LBSC's Doris] will easily pull 4 or 5 adults all day and
be a good deal lighter on both the arms and the wallet.

My advice would be, not knowing what your trying to achieve, is build
something you like regardless of gauge at least that way there is more
chance of you sticking to it rather than loosing interest with something
else.

Oh and by the way I wouldn't be without my DRO's.

Regards IP.

sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a
Ride!"

"Never drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly"

Priest & Sons Model Engineers
http://www.kinvermes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/p1.htm