[modeleng] Re: [modeleng] 3½ versus 5

  • From: "shep" <shep.28@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 11:31:32 +0100

Hi Jem

I have no opinions on locomotive gauges - but I have fitted digital read-out
bars on my milling machine, on the cross-slide of my lathe, and on my
vernier height gauge - I believe that they are worth the hassle of fitting.
I have also added the remote digital readout units, which show the readout
in large figures and can be placed at any convenient point.   This
combination has been a great boon to me - no more squinting at verniers and
micrometer dials with ageing eyes!
The facility of being able to zero the reading at any point is a great help.

Good luck with you entry into our satisfying hobby!

Cheers!     Hubert