[modeleng] Re: flat belt grip

  • From: "Lee Grant" <leegrant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 18:54:50 +1000

Where I did my apprenticeship in the late sixties we still had 2 belt driven
lathes, when the boss wasn't looking we would tip a bit of gasket cement on
the belts it only worked for a short while though.
One lathe was about 24" inch swing driven through an Austin truck gear box
the bed was so long it extended into the Forman's office.It was mainly only
used to machine large flywheels.
Lee