[modeleng] Re: Winsons - a different story

  • From: "alan" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 08:15:21 -0000

Whilst it is always good to hear that someone has got one working, in my
view, that shouldnt even be cause for comment.
ALL of them should work straight away, as soon as they are completed.

After all, we dont buy a new car and then express surprise that it runs.

That is the basis of my objections to Modelworks.

For every one that someone, usually with skills, machine tools, other parts,
and much blood sweat and tears, gets running, I wonder how many are
languishing under benches or on shelves, never to progress beyong a
collection of bits.

When / if the day comes when all of their models can be asembled by a
complete novice using only hand tools (their words, not mine) I will be
happy to sing their praises.
Regrettably, I dont think that will ever happen.

Alan Stepney

http://www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering & steam engine information pages