[modeleng] Valve Timing on simplex

  • From: Gmx22@xxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:50:19 EST

Before I start, thank you all for your help last time. I have had a couple
of good weeks in the workshop and am just about ready to set the valve gear on
my simplex. Thinking to myself i will have this running on air tonight (why
does  it take 20 times longer than you think) Anyway have looked at plans for
about  two days and i just Havant a clue where to start. I have had a look at a
martin  evens book but sadly it tells you how to design walschaerts gear but
not really  how to set it up. So
1 Where should the return crank be set in relation to crank pin?
2 What is the procedure for setting the valves?
If this is going to be to complex to write on here could you point me in  the
direction of a book, maybe the good dummies guide to valve setting.
I really would like to see my handiwork poor as it is running before  xmas
All the best
Keith