[modeleng] Re: Tall Tales?

  • From: "Andy A" <AndyA@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 10:48:14 -0000

HI Ron
I believe the BR standards also had hollow heads but need to check that.
Most piston heads had some dishing to there shape which would have made it
difficult to cast them hollow. I hadn't thought about the reciprocating mass
idea, I just know they are extremley heavy and certainly not a single man
lift. Another thought, most cylinder covers were not flat on the rear face.
Would that have been done to help steam ditribution across the piston face?

Andy