[modeleng] Re: TRIO TS530S HF Transceiver

  • From: peter chadwick <g8on@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 15:15:45 +0200

Kenny,
Adding FM to the TS530 is just not on. Vaguely possible on transmit, but on
receive, no. Not that tehre is much FM on HF, otehr than on a few 28MHz
repeaters in the US.
I don't know that antenna: I stick to Yagis, and the only vertical I have is my
tower, which I feed on 80 and 160 as a vertical.
Getting a licence isn't that hard - I took the old written exam on my 14th
birthday, and my wife took the written exam when she was 15. These days,
although it's a staged approach, the first stages are easier, and it's only the
full licence where there is an argument as to whether or not it is more
technically demanding than the old system.
Keep asking the questions and I'll do my best to answer them.
73
Peter G3RZP