[modeleng] Re: TRIO TS530S HF Transceiver

  • From: peter chadwick <g8on@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 11:09:44 +0200

Kenny,
That mod puts it on the US CB frequencies, and they don't use FM. It is totally
illegal to use it on CB in the US, as it is over here, and would be even if it
had FM.
For any use other than amateur home made or modified, for legal use, the
equipment must meet the relevant Harmonised Standard or the Technical
Construction File must have an Opinion frpom a Notiified Body stating that thee
quipemnt meets the Essential Requirements of the Radio and Telecommunciations
Terminals Equipment Directive.
Just so you know.......
Enforcement is pretty lax in the UK, but there's a new version of the R&TTE due
out soon which will require EU governments to do more enforcement. At the
moment, the only country which really does enforcement is Germany.
Incidentally, you may have seen the home made spark eroder article  in a
recent Engineering in Miniature - strictly speaking, under the regulations,
that is illegal to use in the EU!
Still, the regulatory and standards business gives me a good living.
73
Peter G3RZP
Message Received: Apr 02 2012, 05:25 PM
From: "kenny macdougall"