[modeleng] Re: Semi OT windmills / generation

  • From: "Eric Walker" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:36:23 -0000

I couldn't remember the name of the Welsh mountain but they call it pumped
storage, a good idea using electricity that would be wasted. A type of
battery.
A few years ago the powers that be closed most of the coal mines here, I
thought at the time why don't they hang a large weight in the pit shaft &
generate electricity as it descends & wind it back up when there is free
power available, but they filled them with concrete.

E.W.