[modeleng] Re: Semi OT windmills / generation

  • From: cbrumbelow@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:29:01 +0000

Thanks, Jeff.
The greenies don't want to talk about the noise polution and bird kills from
giant windmills, either.  They do want to tear out older hydroelectric dams -
at least in the COW states of the USA.  "Back to nature" probably would mean
75% to 90% of the world's population could no longer be supported, but I'm not
sure they've thought of that . . . or care (figuring that they and theirs will
be part of the surviving percentage).

More toward topic . . . I think there is a lot of untapped potential for small
site power generation -- almost model in scale.  Small steam plants which could
burn wood, coal, corn stalks -- whatever.  In Tennessee, a lot of trees are
removed every year for development and landscaping, and most of these are
buried or burned in on-site bondfires.  They could be processed for fuel.
Likewise, small hydro and windmill plants could be effectively used in many
areas.

Charles