[modeleng] Re: RE Magnetic Chucks.

  • From: "Charles & Dorothy Brumbelow" <cbrumbelow@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:58:02 -0600

Think of a magnetic field as basically a donut shape with force lines
flowing in a circular pattern.  Pretty strong, within reason.  Now take one
side of the donut away.  Greatly weakened with little or no path for the
force lines.  The keeper is to protect that "donut" from being weakened.
Some magnetic materials and shapes are more affected than others.  Charles