[modeleng] RE Magnetic Chucks.

  • From: Donkitson1@xxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:42:07 EST

Hi Guy's,
    I have recently obtained a small surface grinder,  and along with it came
a Magnetic Chuck. However it would appear that it has  lost it's magnetism, a
label on the chuck says this chuck will not lose its  magnetism unless it is
disassembled, please return to manufacturers for  maintenance.
Question, has any one on the list any experience on this sort of thing and
if so what should I look out for if I strip it to try and sort it so that it is
 usable again.?.
It is very heavy, I would estimate about 50lbs or more.
Any help appreciated.
Don in freezing East Lancashire.