[modeleng] Re: O/T Christmas greetings

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 15:18:53 -0600

Blimey!  Youse blokes have me beat on oil for machine tools.  I suppose that
in the last 35 years I have used maybe a total of 1/2 a liter of regular 30W
motor oil on all my machines.  Now if it comes to steam cylinder oil, I have
that 5 gallons of Sharvania®  a salesman gave me when I built my first
locomotive and I haven't used 1/3 of that in 30 years, but I don't get to
run my junque but a few times a year.

Oh, the fat bloke in the red suit brought me a genuine brass sextant so I
won't get lost on the way to club meets. Now, to learn how to use it!

Jesse the redneck machinist in 72° F Troy, TN USA