[modeleng] Re: O/T Christmas greetings

  • From: "Barrie Purslow" <bpduo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:22:31 -0000

>I hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas.

My Christmas was enlightened when my 8 year old Grandson turned up for a
sleep over last night with a Meccano set. The box was emblazoned "8 and up".
It is now made in France and all I can say is that those French 8 year olds
must be budding Einsteins!
I couldn't even find the assembly instructions for the first model he chose
and the second, a crane, left me completely drained by 9pm which I declared
to be bedtime. The only recognisable bits were the spanner and a few
perforated strips which still appeared to use a 1/2" hole spacing. The rest
of the bits were so complex - phew.
Even my wife began to understand why, every time we go to Liverpool, I shed
a tear as we pass the derelict Binns Road site!

Santa Barrie