[modeleng] Re: Model Egineer # 4263 & 4264

  • From: "Jeff Dayman" <jeffdayman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:10:24 -0500

Hi Ian,

I'm in Waterloo Ontario Canada and have not received 4252,4263, or 4264. I
did receive 4265. I called the circulation dept twice with no response, then
talked to an Owen Arnot who said he would send the missing ones.  Also
emailed Neil Read with no response. Two weeks later no mags no calls, then I
called David Carpenter, listed as editor. Start of last week he said he
would send the missing ones by fastest mail, but as of today no joy. This
runaround is extremely annoying, to say nothing of the cost of the magazine
and the calls to England. On the other hand, I recently started a
subscription with EIM and received the first mag within a week, no
shenanigans.

I started these subs because our local major bookstore 'Chapters' has
stopped carrying ME, MEW, and EIM on a regular basis. They will not give any
reason why, just "change in policy". Well, I've changed my policy too and
won't buy a damned thing there anymore.

Cheers Jeff Dayman