[modeleng] Re: LBSC D3 class

  • From: "Alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 19:34:35 -0000

I am still seeking information on this class of locomotives.
Designed by Billington and built from 1892, the last ones ran up to BR days,
finally being numbered 32388 etc. and the last being scrapped in 1953.

I understand that Model Railway News carried articles on them on April and
September 1964, and that
Also, Backtrack magazine issue 12, (1998) had something about them.

I would imagine that the NRM has information, but unfortunately, their
search facility, which according to their website, will be operational in
2007, doesnt yet work.

Do we have any experts on the Southern here?

Alan