[modeleng] Re: Electric Traction Problems

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 19:57:41 +0100

Hi,

The Reactive Braking on my locos using 4QD pretty fierce. I dont know if it
is sufficient to put much back into the batteries, but the Ammeter which I
have in the power supply cable, usually kicks up to about 30 Amps when the
Throttle is shut down.  The braking effect is so effective that I have to
instruct anybody driving one of my Locos not to snap the Throttle shut as
they could be thrown forward as well as possibly damaging the drive system.

Regards

Clif