[modeleng] Re: Driver quartering

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:42:14 +0100 (BST)

Hi there Harry,

Not sure quite what you're getting at with the crankpin adjustment.

Surely a straight 6 degree taper on the crankpin and the hole its going
into is jut s a means of securing it.

If however you mean that you will maching a 6degree taper on the crankpin,
and make this taper parallel but offset axially from the crankpin itself,
so that rotating the pin will give you a means of adjustment then isn't
this fraught with other problems - such as as you rotate the pin to adjust
it, you will alter the quartering of the crank pin, and its throw from the
wheel centre, both at the same time. You would only ever want to be
adjusting one at once.

What do you think? Have I understood what you meant correctly, or am I a
miles off?

Yours,

Rich.