[modeleng] Re: Drawings rqd

  • From: "Tim Of The Above" <the_viffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:14:25 +0000

Peter.

It grieves me very much that so many brave and so many frightened plane crew
died. I'm prouder of the frightened guys than the brave. If it'd been me I'd
have dropped my bombs in the Channel and gone home every time.

I'm also very saddened that many ordinary people died as a result of what
they had to do.

Recently we rode over to Greenwich on our bikes. I thought it'd be fun to
see how the GPS compared with what was on the ground. I was directed some
hundreds of yards away from the Greenwich datum. It turned out that my wife
had set the GPS up to use a US model of the shape of the earth which was
different from the UK model. When we swapped to the UK model we were only a
few feet off. I think that those scared young boys back in the 40's did very
well to get as close as they did.

Anyway we've strayed well off topic but I've a hat to tip and a glass to
raise which I do with pleasure.

Cheers!