[modeleng] Re: Cast Iron Coolant

  • From: Allen Messer <al_messer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 06:20:52 -0700 (PDT)

"...never grind Cast Iron..."  Very interesting as I
used to look at castings in transit out of curiosity
and most all of them showed grinding marks where they
had been fettled at the foundry.  Maybe you can get
away with grinding "green castings"?  Not knowing any
better, I used some Mineral Spirits as a lubricant
when doing the final boring cuts when I built a Stuart
10_v and it turned out O.K.

Al Messer, in foggier than London middle Tennessee