[modeleng] Re: Cast Iron Coolant

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:11:51 +0100

Hi All,

Just as a point, I always brush the swarf off the machined surfaces and
spray my lathe with WD 40 or such to after using soluble oil owing to it's
water content. My theory is that the WD40 will de-water the metal. I just
dont like the idea of leaving the machine with a potential rust problem on
it.

Regards

Clif