[modeleng] Re: Boring/Facing Head

  • From: Roger <roger.g3tdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:46:41 +0000

Hi John,

    You very kindly said:

>Roger,
>Would you like a copy of the original documents that came with the castings.
>Bear in mind that I would have to post them to you from the land of Aus.
>John

    Sounds very tempting!   However it looks as though we are going away
after Christmas,  so perhaps we ought to think about it again when I
have got back home.

    In the meantime are there any clues as to where the original design
came from?   Any references to the designer?   Maybe the drawings
mention which issue of the Model Engineer the design appeared in?   Any
possibility of scanning and e-mailing the documents you have?   What was
the correct name of the device - armed with that information maybe I
could use one of the on-line ME indexes to find the original articles?

    Thanks for the help,  John - what a pity you are not just around the
corner!!

       Cheers,

          Roger Mason,  in St. Agnes.