[modeleng] Re: Boiler descaling

  • From: "alan stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:39:53 -0000

Barrie,

I use as much vinegar as I have and top it up with water. Not scientific,
but it works.
The stronger the solution, the quicker it will work, but I'll bet you could
have guessed that!

I leave it for a couple of hours, then check to see how much fur is still
inside. If there is, pour the mix back in again and leave for a bit longer.

The one essential is to wash out well, VERY well. Several washes of clean
water, preferably warm / hot at least.

Alan