[modeleng] Re: Boiler descaling

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 19:13:28 -0600

Over here in the American colonies, a lot of us use LSB(?)9000 in our water.
Couple of ounces each day in the tender tank water.  Seems to live up to its
claim of keeping the biler clean or it has done so far with my junque.

REDNECK Jesse in Ten-o-see US and A.

I never bother de-scaling, our club uses rain water and that is acidic
 anyway, just need to wash out with clean water every 6 months.
 I have heard of the acetic acid in the tender treatment, but never had the
 need to try it. In Birmingham, we have the softest water in the country,
 straight from the Elan Valley in Wales, never de-scaled a kettle yet....
 Including a railway kettle!!

 Dave.