[modeleng] Re: Boiler descaling

  • From: "I.D.PRIEST." <idpriest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 20:44:08 -0000

Kenny,

I assume you mean de-scaling!   Citric acid is okay as is Ascetic just let
it do its stuff and wash out well afterwards.  I know of one model engineer
who treats his feed water by adding a tea spoon of Ascetic acid to every
tender full of water.  Never tried it myself but the M.E. in question swears
by it.  His exhaust steam stinks a bit though.

Regards,

IDP

sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a
Ride!"

"Never drive faster than your gaurdian angel can fly"

Priest & Sons Model Engineers
http://www.kinvermes.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/p1.htm