[mira_talk] Re: MIRA: I am doing it wrong.

  • From: Edith Schlagenhauf <ediths@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 12:01:14 +0100 (MET)

Hi Bastien,

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, Bastien Chevreux wrote:

And last but not least ... it may be a problem of the sequencing kit used. If
your organism has high GC (>=60%) and the Titanium data was generated with a
sequencing kit delivered in the first 7 to 8 month of this year, then you need
to talk to your provider as they need to talk to Roche.

as I am working on a 67% GC content genome assembled from 454 Titanium reads generated in the specified time range, I am wondering what you exactly meant by this statement?

TIA,

Edith

Dr Edith Schlagenhauf
Bioinformatics
Institute of Plant Biology
University of Zurich

e-mail: ediths AT botinst DOT uzh DOT ch