[mira_talk] Re: 4 won't run!

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 09:49:06 +0200 (CEST)

> On April 9, 2014 at 9:05 AM Theo.Allnutt@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Every time I run Mira 4, I get a file not found error:
> Looking for files named in data ...Data
> '/path/is/definitely/correct/paired1.fastq' was not found (neither as file nor
> as directory)
> or led to a read error.
> What could be wrong? Its driving me mad, have tried with several different
> files.
> [...]
> data = /path/is/definitely/correct/paired1.fastq

As first approximation, I would still guess there's a typo somewhere (I know, I
know, you checked).

If you type "ls " and then copy/paste (no typing, really mouse-only copy/paste)
the full path from the "data=" line of the manifest into your terminal and then
hit RETURN, does this work?

Should that work we'd have to move on to more esoteric explanations like "is
MIRA run as another user which might not have the same access permissions as
you" and similar things.

Hope that helps,