[macvoiceover] Re: info from ms messenger page:

  • From: "David Truong" <bnfiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 07:16:50 +1000

It's easy to know when to type.  When you interact with the html content to
read messages, just start typing whenever you want to type a message to
someone followed of course by enter.  It's true you won't get feedback on
what you are typing either by automatic speaking or via your vo cursoring
keys.  But if you are a good typist then that shouldn't worry you.  However,
when you start typing, messenger then focuses on the editing field which you
don't see smile, which  means that messenger will cut out the first couple
of letters of your message.  So the simple solution is to just type a letter
then backspace once and then go for your life.  As I said reading incoming
messages is easy by simply interacting with the html content.  To send a
message to someone you can either interact with the scroll area and find the
table and interact with that or else do it the easy way and go to menus vo+m
find your way to contacts menu and then to send instant message submenu
which will list the contacts online.  Sound events work as normal as well.
I think it's pretty bloody good except for the minor annoyance that I spoke
of above.

David Truong

EMail and Messenger:
davidtruong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx