[macvoiceover] Re: info from ms messenger page:

  • From: John Panarese <tvii@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:25:21 -0400

Hi David,
OK. Now, that makes sense. I was kind of hedging towards believing this to be the case with the edit area, but you have confirmed it. Thank you for the information. The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is where the app keeps the sound and picture options.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Managing Director
Technologies for the Visually Impaired, Inc.
9 Nolan Court
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Tel/Fax, (631) 724-4479
Email, tvii@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet, http://www.tvi-web.com

AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS FOR PORTSET SYSTEMS LTD, COMPSOLUTIONS VA, PREMIER ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGIES, INDEX, PAPENMEIER, REPRO-TRONICS, DUXBURY, SEROTEK AND OTHER PRODUCTS FOR THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT

On Jun 30, 2008, at 5:16 PM, David Truong wrote:

It's easy to know when to type. When you interact with the html content to read messages, just start typing whenever you want to type a message to someone followed of course by enter. It's true you won't get feedback on what you are typing either by automatic speaking or via your vo cursoring keys. But if you are a good typist then that shouldn't worry you. However, when you start typing, messenger then focuses on the editing field which you don't see smile, which means that messenger will cut out the first couple of letters of your message. So the simple solution is to just type a letter then backspace once and then go for your life. As I said reading incoming messages is easy by simply interacting with the html content. To send a message to someone you can either interact with the scroll area and find the table and interact with that or else do it the easy way and go to menus vo+m find your way to contacts menu and then to send instant message submenu which will list the contacts online. Sound events work as normal as well. I think it's pretty bloody good except for the minor annoyance that I spoke
of above.

David Truong

EMail and Messenger:
davidtruong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx