[macvoiceover] Re: Burning Audible Books to disc using I Tunes or another variant

  • From: vashaun jones <vashaun.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 08:45:51 -0400

Yeah, it's weird. I can get past disk 1 and I don't get that dialog prompting me to insert a new CD, but in the top left corner under status it says insert a blank CD or press command period to cancel This again is not the dialog box with a OK button. Also the CD that was made will not play in VLC, so that tells me it's burning with copy protection built in. I could use audio hijack pro but it's in real time and the book is 13 hours long. I want to play this CD in the car and wish they had a converter in the black market for this stupid DRM issue. I agree with you in that this only stops good customers from doing the right thing because a hacker will get around it.

On Mar 11, 2008, at 9:13 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

If you can play the audible files, then, yes, your machine is authorized for the files, and burning them should work. It's of course possible that what you're trying to burn only takes one disk.
How long is it?
And, have you tried to listen to the cds after they're burned?
What happens when you try to make the cds?
As an added aside, there is a limit on how many times you can burn an audible file, so perhaps at this point, you're past that limit, and that's why it isn't working. This is why I generally get the audible books into some other format before their burn count is exceeded, so that I'm no longer limited by someone else's artificial decision on how many times I can create media for listening to my books.
(this is where hijack audio pro comes in handy)
But, if it is burning a copy, then you should be able to listen to it on the cd it created, if it's reached it's limit, then perhaps it won't play them anymore. I've not tried burning any audible cds since I've installed leopard, so perhaps the process is different now.
I'll give it a try now, and see what happens.