[macvoiceover] Re: Burning Audible Books to disc using I Tunes or another variant

  • From: vashaun jones <vashaun.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:30:57 -0400

OK, in regards to decoding the files. If I can play them now then that would mean that audible is set up, right? Also I am not getting a insert new disc dialog for the disc spanning option. In the status menu it says to insert disc or press command period to exit, but it doesn't prompt me for a new blank CD like I use to get. Also does the burning preference need to be set to MP3 or audio?

On Mar 11, 2008, at 5:08 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

Just choose audio, and when it's done with the first disk, it will ask you to insert the second one, and when it spits that one out, it will ask for the third, and so on.
Just press enter after inserting the new disk, and you're all set.
If you don't have that computer registered to play audible books, then it's not going to allow itunes to decode the files.

On Mar 11, 2008, at 3:26 PM, vashaun jones wrote:

Do you use audio or MP3 for the type? Also it appears to only burn the first disc and can't get to the other ones. What's up with that. I swear I keep getting coasters.
On Mar 11, 2008, at 2:56 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

An audible book is a proprietary format (well, not really, but that's a technicality) So, as a result, itunes can't label it an mp3 file, because technically, it isn't. So, you just need to build a playlist, then burn the playlist, at this time, there's no other way to do it.
And, yes, you'll get a slight bit of overlap between discs.
Not my idea of how to burn stuff, but then again, nobody asked me before they designed the interface.

On Mar 11, 2008, at 11:37 AM, vashaun jones wrote:

What kind of work has to be done? For some reason it doesn't allow me to burn it as a MP3 and I have to use audio. Never the less will multiple CD's be the whole book or am I getting some audio overlay or something?