[macvoiceover] Re: Burning Audible Books to disc using I Tunes or another variant

  • From: vashaun jones <vashaun.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:59:56 -0400

Absolutely, I will do the RW thing and check this with I Tunes, Audible and my Mac and get to the bottom of this. I will not tolerate Audible books not burning properly on my Mac. Thanks for your help and listen out for me yelling I've done it.

On Mar 15, 2008, at 6:39 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Well, the process as I've outlined it does work as advertised at least on my machine.. So what you might want to do is get a pack of erasable cds to experiment with and then carefully analyze each step to figure out where the problem lies either with your procedure or the application. I mostly use non-rewritable cds but when you are trying to track down a problem rewritables aren't a bad investment. You really shouldn't need to be asked for a new cd; when one ejects just put in the next one. When a cd doesn't eject you should be finished but you can check this by seeing whether or not burn is dimmed. It is absolutely necessary that you click the "audio cds" button in the dialog about multiple cds; I'm not sure about the unlabelled button but I know the "audio cds" button is absolutely necessary.

I know how frustrating it is to be unable to get something to work and then have somebody else claim it works fine, but there does have to be some explanation for the problem. Finding it--now therein lies the difficulty!!!