[macvoiceover] Re: Burning Audible Books to disc using I Tunes or another variant

  • From: vashaun jones <vashaun.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 16:28:12 -0400

I did everything you suggested with the exception of pressing the unlabeled button and setting it to ask for a new CD in the preferences. I have tried it more times than I want to discuss, but lets just say a new unopened pack of CD's has about five left in its case. I will not say how many it came with. I may have either tried two many times, didn't press the unlabeled button or set the preferences correctly. By the way, where is the preference for asking for a new CD when you're burning multiple disc, it wasn't in the burning tab or anywhere else I've tried? I would really like this to work like I knew it did before because it's getting very frustrating to burn through CD's instead of burning CD's.

On Mar 15, 2008, at 2:08 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

I think I missed reading what problem you are having with burning Audible books to cd. Maybe I've missed an element of this discussion, but I've burned Audible books with iTunes befor and just did another one to make sure my fracts were correct. You can't burn an mp3 cd directly but if you want audio cds:

1. change your cd format in iTunes preferences Advanced to audio. It's a radio button.

2. Make a playlist of the audible book and make sure the playlist is selected.
3. Choose burn cd from the file menu or in the iTunes window.
4 .You will get a dialog saying the playlist can't be burned from one cd; I clicked the unlabelled button and then the audio cd button but I'm not sure whether it was necessary to click the unlabeled button. I think you may only need the audio cds button. 5. Burning starts. It takes a while but you'll hear the sound when it actually starts burning, kind of like an airplane taking off but maybe not quite that dramatic.

6. When the cd ejects (you have to have this configured I think in itunes prefs) feed in another cd.

7. Depending on your configuration, when burning is all completed, you may hear a sound and/or the playlist may start playing. At any rate, when it is done, burn disk won't be dimmed any more.

8. If you then want to make an mp3 or other file you can do it; I didn't try it in iTunes but it worked fine in sox without any complaints about drm.

Warning: I seem to remember you may only be able to do this once with a given Audible file in iTunes; not absolutely sure but I seem to remember that.

Hth.