[mac4theblind] Re: New member thinking of getting a Mac mini - additional question

  • From: Edward Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 13:03:10 +0000

I would advise in certain cases to have both wired and wireless keyboards
available. this is due to an issue which is well known to both windows and mac
users alike where performing recovery work on a system will not see a wireless
keyboard on boot and may have issues. also in certain documented examples where
pairing a wireless keyboard may reset initially. this is one of those things
that happens every so often, so in this istance buy your mac with a wired
keyboard and mouse, but also at some stage buy the wireless set as well if you
feel it's of use. A limitation regarding a wirelss keyboard if you're using
certain apps is not having the convenience of a num pad, etc but once you get
used to laptop keyboards, it's no bother.

lew

Edward Redfern
Vintage Mower Restorer.
E-Mail: Edwardredfern@xxxxxxx
Twitter: redfernmowers
Website: http://redfernvintagemowers.wordpress.com
Breathing life back in to old equipment, one day at a time.

Want to recycle your old lawnmower and make a difference? Get in touch for more
information.