[mac4theblind] Re: Am I to stay away from Safari 6.1 for Mountain Lion?

  • From: Edward Lewis Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx the blind" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 19:41:59 +0000

Hi Leslie,

to solve the top sites and sidebar issues here’s the tricks.

1: open Safari preferences, this is in the “Safari” menu. the first page has
everything you need here. You can set the home page you want to use by either
entering the address manually or going to the website in a safari window and
then use the “use current page” button in the first page “General” of Safari
Preferences.

to get rid of top sites, you’ll find a few combo boxes that say “Top Sites,
change these to homepage. problem solved.

now to deal with the sidebar.

go to the view menu and disable the sidebar by selecting Hide Sidebar.

another setting worth using is hide bookmarks bar as this can be a little
tiring sometimes.

hope this helps. as for rotor settings, not 100% sure.

lew