[mac4theblind] Re: Am I to stay away from Safari 6.1 for Mountain Lion?

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 22:54:55 -0500

that's because Safari preferences starts in the middle for some reason.
:-)
Headings and voiceover rotor is where you'll find it.

touching the internet
Reducing Technology's disabilities
One Byte At a time

On Nov 3, 2013, at 19:34, Stephens Leslie <leslie956@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks.  I have most of the side bars and other paraphernalia  I don't use
already hidden but I was able to find the topsites controls.  I must have
breezed past the main one at first without noticing it and had to get oriented
since the pop up menus precede the description of the item.

There don't seem to be any heading controls for the rotor unless it is some
advanced option.  So far, start page is the only site I know  for sure acts
differently  in this release using the web rotor..

Thanks again,
Leslie

On Nov 3, 2013, at 2:41 PM, Edward Lewis Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Leslie,

to solve the top sites and sidebar issues here’s the tricks.

1: open Safari preferences, this is in the “Safari” menu. the first page has
everything you need here. You can set the home page you want to use by either
entering the address manually or going to the website in a safari window and
then use the “use current page” button in the first page “General” of Safari
Preferences.

to get rid of top sites, you’ll find a few combo boxes that say “Top Sites,
change these to homepage. problem solved.

now to deal with the sidebar.

go to the view menu and disable the sidebar by selecting Hide Sidebar.

another setting worth using is hide bookmarks bar as this can be a little
tiring sometimes.

hope this helps. as for rotor settings, not 100% sure.

lew