[mac4theblind] PDFs in Safari

  • From: Stephens Leslie <leslie956@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Macfortheblind list <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 14:46:21 -0500

Hi All,
  Can anyone enlighten me about dealing with PDFs in Safari?

1.  When a website link brings up a PDF page, how do I tell when it is finished

2.  I am unable to view the PDF unless I save it to a file  ( using the save as
option).  Often I am unable to view the file with preview or Adobe even after
saving it.  It says the file may be corrupted.

3. Is there abetter way of handling PDFs from Safari or finding out what they
are?

4.  I've not done anything with the downloads folder showing in the tool bar.
Is there any reason to access this while in Safari?

  I'm just an average user and fairly new to Apple in general.  I have a MAC
with OSX level 10.8.5, relying entirely on the audio from voice over and
keyboard commands.

Many thanks,