[lit-ideas] Re: interaction of polls and public opinion

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:57:23 -0400

Appeal to other sources is the definition of theory: Merriam Webster online
again:  5 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or
body of principles offered to explain phenomena <the wave theory of light>

Once it's scientifically acceptable, it's no longer just a belief, i.e., a
meme.  PDQ.