[lit-ideas] Re: gigawatt chivalrous inflammatory handyman drainage

  • From: "phatic" <phatics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:13:18 +0100

On 6 Apr 2004 at 17:15, Michael Geary wrote:

> Do you like my subject line (gigawatt chivalrous inflammatory handyman
> drainage)? All life['s] a random event.  So it's randomness we must
> order into meaning.  Here is a perfect phrase to practice on, say I. I
> suggest a contest to determine what that subject line is all about.

Dear Mr Geary and Judge(s)

We here at the Utopos Office of Spam Encryption (UOSE) would like to
submit the following entry in your contest. It was devised by taking
advantage of author Diderik Humble Jr.s self-devised Encryption Routine,
programmed in Pascal, to produce the following:

gigawatt, proper name, possibly a symbolic representation of a distant
relative of President Megawati, who is up for elections. here it serves
as interpellative, as in

* gigawatt, i want you to do something for me, and here comes what it
is...

which renders the proper transcription thus:

1. "Gigawatt, [perform the] 'chivalrous, inflammatory handyman drainage'
[now, please]"

which makes it obvious that the implied narrator instructs Gigawatt to
operate a particular KIND OF handyman drainage. These considerations
leads us to the question of what the "chivalrous [and] inflammatory" type
of handyman drainage would be. On this the Routine remains silent.

On behalf of UOSE,
phatic
[sign]
editor