[lit-ideas] gigawatt chivalrous inflammatory handyman drainage

  • From: "Michael Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LIT-IDEAS" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 00:10:15 -0500

You know, my parents tried this trick once.  Moved when I was away.  But I
found them and I've found you.  Move the list all you want, friends, you can't
get away from me.  Kismet and all that.  God has his plan for me and you're it
evidently.  So let's get on with it.  I left two months ago to do some serious
writing.  Since then my goddamn sonofabitching bastard customers have kept
calling me.  This is supposed to be my slow season.  I've done very little
writing and a lot of goddamn montherfucking sonofabitching work.  Don't get me
wrong, I like work and I love my customers.  But jesus god can't I get a
goddamn break????  OK, maybe I'm being a bit histrionic here.  At least I
didn't invade a country and kill a bunch of innocent people and spend 150
billion dollars looking for a story that wasn't there.  The story is there in
spades.  Why does God hate me?
I've missed the list.  But not much.  I've had other fish to fry.  We like to
fry in the Southland.  Sure it'll kill you, but slowly.  Wonderfully.  Frying
is what Jesus would do.  I had hip friends who became Jesus freaks in the 70's.
 None of them turned their backs on fried chicken or fried okra or fried
pickles or fried peanut butter sandwiches or fried frog legs or fried tomatoes
(greeen preferably) or fried mushrooms or fried French.  Frying is a priori.
It is the ur-religion.

I don't know what topics have raged on the list of late.  But unless they were
of a plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning or
refrigeration nature, I'll bet I had nothing to add to the discussion.  It's a
great relief knowing one has nothing to add to a discussion.  Then one can
dance around and act like a clown and just have fun.  How dreary to know
something.  How responsible it makes us.  Ignorance really is bliss.

Just stopped by to let you know I know where you live.  Still have some serious
writing to do.

Mike Geary
serious writer