[lit-ideas] Re: gigawatt chivalrous inflammatory handyman drainage

  • From: Henninge@xxxxxxxxxxx (Richard Henninge)
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 03:04:31 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 12:15 AM
Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: gigawatt chivalrous inflammatory handyman drainage

> Thank you, David.  I am currently reading McCarthy's Bar as per your
> recommendation which was passed along to me by Sir JL Speranza and
yourself.

gigawatt chivalrous inflammatory handyman drainage

I suggest a contest to determine what that subject line is all about.
> Remember it's just a verbal Rorschach, not a line of Scripture, there is
no
> answer except the judge's prejudice.  The contest should be judged by
> JulieReneB. who is probably the only person on list willing to read every
> entry.  But what's in it for you?  Prizes, that's what!  Second prize will
> be a poem from me.  First prize is no poem.  Go ahead, now.  Show how sick
> you really are.
>
> Mike Geary
> disqualifying himself.

That's an easy one. I took the phrase at face value. It's an e-mail from our
writer-in-residence back from a phase of creative rejuvenation (and
refrigeration consultation). Its subject line announces just that: a lot of
high-power love-sick drip from a mechanic <grin>. I thought it was prefatory
to a chapter of Mike's latest seepage, sump-pumped up from Convalescenza. A
sort of Magic Mountain in reverse. You see the signs for the specialty all
over the place in Germany--Lymphdrainage--and I can only imagine that it
involves a nurse's muscular manipulation of infammatory nodes till said
*drainage* (pronounced as would Dépardieu) purges same.

Richard Henninge