[lit-ideas] Re: Who's Crazy? We Are

  • From: Eric Yost <Mr.Eric.Yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 14:22:31 -0400

John asked us not to get snarky when we considered the source of the
mental illness story was China's Xinhau News Agency. But really...what
are their motives for that article?

Are they anticipating a Western article on the psychopathology of living
  under the Chinese dictatorship? Is this a pre-emptive strike? And do
we forget the Cold War claims that there was no madness or homosexuality
in the Worker's Paradises?

Carol nailed this one I think. Export the DSM IV to China for a decade
and see how many hundred million nuts they have.