[lit-ideas] Re: Where politics hits the grass

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 02:22:49 -0500

Andy: Wrong.  All my sentiments are from the heart...

"Andy" must be the experiment of a sociological or psycholinguistic team. Nobody could contain that much self-loathing and have the energy to type so much, unless they were part of a study of Internet mailing list trolling, and were paid to do it.

Take the compulsion to have the final word in any exchange. The "last word" rule is adamantine, and has never faltered in my memory. Last word always, as though it were a power grab as essential as breathing.

The only other alternative is that "Andy" is a god. Not THE God, just a god. A god called from chthonian realms to reveal the hard truth that all is doom and futility.

Hmmm ... maybe "Andy" is a god. Maybe I should offend further.

Backing away from the cobra throne,
Bubba