[lit-ideas] Re: Walter vs Robert

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 16:29:22 +0100

> As Judy now knows, there is a competition to be held this weekend
> here in Oregon (but first envisioned by folk in Nova Scotia) to race
> huge floating pumpkins across a pond

Yes.  I thought people would be 'racing' them like toy boats, not
sitting in them (like coracles)!  We only have small pumpkins here.

whether philosophers have the stuff it takes to
> prevent a pond-going pumpkin from spinning in circles

damn.  I shouldn't have mentioned coracles...

***
I like oregonianlive, the photos are fun.  My local, allegedly national,
paper's web page is as boring as old boots.  It now, after a mad revamp, has
(very boring) videos, but no photos.  Not that the actual paper's
much good.

Judy Evans, Cardiff

: "David Ritchie" <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>