[lit-ideas] Re: Walter vs Robert

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:41:48 -0700

http://www.oregonlive.com

This will take a little effort on your part. You'll have to pass the screen that asks you to enter a zip code and an age and a gender-- fictional answers work just fine--go to the Oregonian page and then click on "today's photos." Hit the chevron on the right to go nine photos in, and you'll find shots of people racing half-ton pumpkins...across a pond.

Apparently this originally was Walter's idea, or that of someone in his neck of the woods, but we Oregonians have copied it and the Fourth Annual West Coast Giant Pumpkin Regatta will take place this weekend. No doubt Walter and Robert will meet in the final. I'd be carrying the flag of Scotland in one of the early heats were it not for a different, and equally wet, commitment involving crabs.

Carry on.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon