[lit-ideas] Re: The *who* of *when*?

  • From: "Paul Stone" <pastone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:50:51 -0400

n 4/26/07, David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A student recently said that the garage band he was once in was called,
"In Stock."
"Why?" I asked.
"Because we were never going to sell out."

IN the past year, my band has undergone more personnel changes that Spinal
Tap (fortunately, no dead drummers yet) Whilst we all liked the name "moan
tangle", the guitarist thought it sounded "too porny" so I came up with "no
vacancy"... We all liked it. That was about 6 weeks ago. Last week I woke up
suddenly and thought "there's no way that a 'hotel' is going to want to put
"TONIGHT: NO VACANCY" up on their marquee. So... I guess it's back to the
drawing board.