[lit-ideas] Re: The continuation of Realpolitik -- a counterfactual

  • From: "David Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 21:18:03 -0500

Irene wrote:

That doesn't sound very well thought through.  I really am slow
sometimes.  Care to explain?

That was a decidedly vague reference to Rube Goldberg and Agatha Christie
inspired partially by Eric's additions to the Rant list, and my own
admittedly absurd sense of humour.  Primarily though, I was trying to say
that if you throw poetry or quotations my way, I'll be sure to pay
attention.

egregious defender of flavo(u)rless, colo(u)rless language,
d.

    David Wright write

    Quotations and poetry --you couldn't build a better mouse
    trap...unless you were a Jewish Rube.

    trying not to cheat,
    d.
    ----

    "The only good reason for having a beard is being too lazy to
    shave."
    ~  Margaret Laurence

      Irene wrote

      So what did you think of my little game?  Did you do it?  A
      free drink (Mike's buying) for those who got the worst poet
      in the world (at least in my opinion).  Another clue is
      1979.  But if you didn't do the matching, my feelings aren't
      hurt.  Much.  So it's okay.